Thursday, May 19, 2011

My New Under-the-Seat Travel Companion: Lug Life Puddle Jumper Bag

Today's post is slightly off-topic today, but I couldn't resist sharing my latest travel-related discovery.

I love bags! Purses, cosmetic cases, and especially carry-on totes. Just ask my husband as I use every excuse in the book to purchase a new travel bag. For our recent European adventure, I was looking for something that would keep me uber organized while maximizing every ounce of space. Since our goal for this trip was to only take carry-on luggage which consisted of one 21-inch roller suitcase and one personal item (carry-on bag), space was everything. (Note: I also brought a small cross-body purse that I stowed away in the carry on during air flights.)

After hours of web research, I choose Lug Life's Puddle Jumper Bag. It's a nifty, well-made carry-on bag that has a pocket or compartment for everything. From cosmetic storage to a ventilated shoe pocket to an interior bottle holder, this bag holds it all. In fact, it even had a padded pouch area that was perfect for protecting my iPad.

One immediate benefit was how well the Puddle Jumper fit upright on my roller suitcase via a secure strap (see photo above), which gave made it easy to maneuver through airports and train stations. The only problem was that it fit so well that it was challenging to remove the bag from the suitcase when I had to quickly retract my suitcase's handle to walk up a flight of stairs or jump on a train. It did slow me down a few times.

The added bonus...I don't have to use the Puddle Jumper exclusively for travel. It's intended purpose is really for the gym. As such, it was specially designed to fit upright in a gym locker for easy access into all of its pockets and compartments. Now I no longer have to squish an over-sized duffel into the gym locker.

Purchase info: Lug Life Puddle Jumper Bag is available in 9 colors at select luggage stores and online retailers (including Lug Life.com) for approximately $82.00. (Note: I purchased mine on sale at eBags.com for $63.99. Definitely shop around for the best deal.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...