Monday, May 2, 2011

A Multi-Use Travel Warrior: Yes To Cucumbers On-The-Go Facial Towelettes

After traveling for 17 days, I'm so happy to be home once again! While I was doing my whirlwind tour through France and Belgium, there were a handful of beauty items that I couldn't live without. This week I'll be sharing these finds with you as well as explore some of my tried-n-true tips for traveling!

Today's post features a little gem, Yes To Cucumbers On The Go Facial Wipes, that I purchased the day before we left. It was one of those items displayed in the rack next to the check out line at my local Ulta. I initially was drawn to the item since it was super compact and contained 10 wipes. The package was the perfect size for my purse or carry-on bag.

Yes To Cucumbers On The Go Facial Wipes are 98.7% natural, hypoallergenic, and made from organic cucumber and aloe vera. They can be used anywhere to remove makeup or just refresh your face. No rinse required!

Normally, I've not a big facial wipe fan as I find they typically don't remove all traces of makeup and a good rinse with water is really required to get the job done. Some brands can also be super flimsy, which requires you to use multiple wipes. In addition, I've found that they often can be harsh for sensitive skin.

But Yes To Cucumbers wipes really surprised me. First, each wipe is huge and extremely thick. I found that it took only one wipe to do my entire face. (Note: I will admit that I had little or no makeup to remove at the time.) Plus, I didn't feel like there was any residue on my face that required rinsing. My face felt extremely refreshed and clean. This was a big win especially after being on a plane for 10+ hours. I could then apply my daily moisturizer and face the day!

I continued to use the facial wipes on my trip, especially on train and plane rides when I didn't have access to a sink and needed to clean my face. They were perfect for this task, but I also found some other random uses, including cleaning my feet (thank you...yucky city grime!), spot cleaning my makeup brushes, wiping down the airplane tray, and even removing a coffee stain from my husband's shirt. Seriously, this little package really won me over as I found more and more ways to use the wipes.

All in all, I will never go on a trip without them!

Purchase info: Yes To Cucumbers On The Go Facial Wipes are available at mass retailers and online. They retail for $2.99 (a package of 10). You can also purchase the larger package (30 wipes) for $5.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...