Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Heavenly Hands: Nuxe Reve de Miel Hand and Nail Cream

What is one of my most essential beauty-related items that I forgot to pack? My favorite Eucerin hand cream! And since I was traveling light I only brought a single ounce bottle of body lotion. As such, I didn't want to use it all up on my hands. How did I remedy the situation?

My first stop was the local pharmacy next to our hotel in Paris. After staring at mostly French products for what seemed like an eternity, I finally selected Nuxe Reve de Miel Hand and Nail Cream. It is a non-oily cream that helps repair, nourish, and protect hands and nails. I was drawn to it since I could read the label in English (a big plus after being awake for more than 20 hours). Its key ingredients included avocado oil, sunflower oil, acacia honey, sweet almond oil, glycerin, and vitamin E.

While there wasn't a tester to use, I thought this was a safe bet since I've tried NUXE products in the States and been quite pleased. And what was my take?

Reve de Miel offered a rich consistency that wasn't greasy on the surface, but it didn't dissipate immediately either. In other words, it's one of those products that I didn't feel like I had to reapply in 30 minutes, but would probably want to use again in several hours especially if my hands were parched.

It was slightly scented, but not in an annoying way. Normally, I prefer that my lotions (any kind) are unscented. This one had a slight honey floral scent that did linger a bit. However, after several uses the smell grew on me.

By the end of my trip, I had become very dependent on Reve de Miel to the point that I made an extra stop at the pharmacy to purchase several more tubes before I flew home!

Purchase info: NUXE products are available in the U.S.; however, you will need to do some searching. I've found them at random boutiques and Beauty.com. You'll typically pay more in the U.S. than in Europe. For example, my 2.6 ounce (75 ml) tube was about 10 €, but here in the States it is closer to $20.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...