Monday, May 9, 2011

A French Pharmacy Favorite: Embryolisee Lait-Creme Concentre

During our travels through France, I couldn't help but check out some popular French pharmacy items that are nearly impossible to find in the States. One of the items on my shopping list was Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre — a super-moisturizing face cream that gets kudos from makeup artists worldwide due to its versatile use and gentleness.

Embryolisse was created nearly 60 years ago by a dermatologist in a Paris hospital. It is used successfully by many skin types since the product is formulated using a limited number of ingredients to mimimize the likelihood of an allergy or reaction.

Embryolisse can be used as a moisturizing cream, a cleansing cream, after-shave cream, beauty mask (use a thick layer), as well as a cleansing lotion for babies and children. This gentle product respects the skin's natural balance (pH, microorganisms) and encourages rebuilding of the hydrolipidic layer (the skin's natural protection). Key natural ingredients include:
  • Shea butter
  • Beeswax
  • Aloe vera
  • Soy proteins
I started using Embryolisse as my nighttime moisturizer about a week into our trip. At this time, my face was drier than normal and I needed an extra boost of hydration. After several days of use, my face was well hydrated and extremely balanced. I didn't experience any sensitivities or breakouts, so I continued using it throughout the rest of our trip.

My only concern was that I was afraid I'd run out! When compared to Eucerin Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Sensitive Skin Creme, my regular nighttime moisturizer, I found it was far less concentrated. Or, I was using too much at a time! To be safe, I picked up two more 2.6 oz tubes before I flew home.

I'm continuing to use the product now that I'm back home and my face couldn't be happier.

Purchase info: Embryolisee Lait-Creme Concentre is available in most French (and European) pharmacies although you may have to ask for it because the product is frequently stocked behind the counter. It retails for about $15.00. Not traveling to France in the near future? No worries...it's also available online at Beauty Habit.com for $25.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...