Thursday, April 7, 2011

Cocoa Puffs Nails: Essie Hot Coco Nail Polish

Nail polish color is so very subjective. While I enjoy following the current nail color trends (Spring 2011: brighter corals, oranges, greens, even yellows), I don't always jump in immediately. More often than not, I'm just one season (or two) behind! Point in case with essie Hot Coco.

This cocoa-colored beauty was released for the holidays, and I recently discovered it at my neighborhood Ulta. It followed the neutral, grayish/brown/taupe trend that was so popular last year. But the interesting thing is that it turns a lovely dark chocolate plum on my nails. My coloring is fair and neutral (leaning towards warm tones), but it morphs into a cooler shade on my hands. Weird...

It's my polish of choice this week. And every time I look at it I want to pour myself a big ol' bowl of Cocoa Puffs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...