Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Make Your Own Custom-Colored Brow Product: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Fix + Taupe Powder Shadow

Finding the perfect shade of a brow enhancing product can often be just as difficult as finding the perfect foundation match. It's too light, too dark, too cool, too warm. "Insert" your own brow color irritation here.

Interesting enough...you may already have the perfect color in your own makeup toolkit, but you just haven't repurposed it. Yes, you heard me correctly. You ALREADY own it! But it's just hiding in your eye shadow collection.

I recently ruined my own favorite brow product, Benefit Brow Zings (see review). I accidentally dropped it and it shattered everywhere. Out of desperation, I looked in my makeup drawer to see what else I could use. Then the light bulb went on...why not make my own brow product?

I first lightly applied Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Fix to tame the brows and give them a bit of slip. If you haven't used Brow Fix, this is a colorless wax that neatly holds brows in place. It is similar to the wax product that is in the Brow Zings container, but just in a stick form. Note: Wax is essential for holding the shadow in place and ensuring that it stays put all day. The last thing you want is for your brows to travel "south."

Next, I hunted for a matte, brownish taupe-colored powder eye shadow. This task was pretty easy as I own a gazillion neutral shades that fit this bill. I just had to experiment to find the right hue. Be sure that you choose a matte shadow otherwise it may look unnatural if you have some extra sparkle here!

Finally, I used my favorite brow brush to light fill in my brows with the shadow. Voila! The perfect, custom brow product.

Purchase info: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Fix is available at Anastasia counters in select department stores, Ulta, Sephora, and online. It retails for $21.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...