Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Lemon Buttercream for Your Hands: LUSH Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter

I'm still stuck in my hand and nail product rut. As I've mentioned in previous posts, I've been suffering with dry hands and cuticles for the past year, so I'm always on the lookout to try new products that can help. One of my friends suggested I try LUSH Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter — her holy grail hand item. I had remembered trying Lemony Flutter a number of years ago, but I couldn't remember anything specific about the product. To nudge me along, my friend purchased and gave me the product to try.

Oh heavenly buttercream...you remind me of one of those canned, whipped cake frostings from my childhood! Seriously, there is some crazy whipped goodness inside this item. According to LUSH, each batch of product contains twenty-two pounds of beeswax. (Note, a bee would have to fly around the globe 132 times to make that.) Lemony Flutter contains much more oil than water and is very heavy, which is ideal for nourishing hands, elbows, and even knees. And the tub of Lemon Flutter lasts nearly forever as all you really need is a "pinch" of the product at one time.

So how does it stack up against my current favorite hand product — Burt's Bees Lemon Cuticle Butter (see previous post). I think both products are equally nourishing and yummy. However, for me it all comes down to product consistency. LUSH Lemony Flutter is thicker and requires some more time to soak in. In contrast, Burt's Bees Lemon Cuticle Butter is waxier (like a lip balm) and is easier for me to apply to specific dry areas on my hands. I also feel that the Burt's Bees product lasts a bit longer on my hands.

Really...you can't go wrong with either product. Both are excellent choices for softening your hands and cuticles. You'll just need to experiment to see which one is best for you.

Purchase info: LUSH Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter is available at LUSH stores and online. It retails for $14.95 (1.5 oz tub).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...