Monday, February 7, 2011

Hand Over the Butter! Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

Yes...I'm back on my cuticle and nail bandwagon once again. With winter dryness and frequent hand washing, my dry cuticles and/or nails are frequently a mess. And just when I get one under control, the other suffers.

One of my recent drugstore discoveries, Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream, is an almost immediate holy grail necessity for both cuticles and nails. I swear...it only took one night's application of this waxy butter to win me over big time. (Yep...it even beat my favorite cuticle product CND Solar Oil.)

What exactly is it you ask? Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream is a 100% natural nail treatment that softens cuticles and fortifies nails. It's made of sweet almond oil, vitamin E, and cocoa butter to moisturize. Then beeswax seals in the goodness.

And a touch of lemon oil makes your nails appear and smell incredibly clean and beautiful. I especially appreciate that its light lemon scent is very natural and doesn't wreak like common lemon-scented household cleaners (a.k.a. Pledge). I've heard this complaint of other lemon-scented skincare products.

Even its packaging is spot on! Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream is housed in a compact metal tin about the size of a silver dollar, which is perfect for the handbag or travel carry-on. And due to its rich, waxy consistency it shouldn't leak or ooze out of the tin. I've had that happen more than once with other hand and nail treatment products.

For best results, I like to apply a pea-sized dab at night since it is rather thick and needs some time to soak in and work its magic. Don't rush the process or you'll end up wasting product or accidentally transferring it to other items.

Purchase info: Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream is available at mass retailers, drugstores, and online. It retails for approximately $6.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...