Monday, January 3, 2011

Start 2011 with a Clean Slate: Eve Lom Cleanser

Happy New Year! Any resolutions? For me, it's all about staring off with a clean slate, literally. Yesterday my poor husband was completely exhausted just watching me clean, organize, and purge our household of extra junk. But oh...it feels so good and I'm better equipped to begin 2011.

Similarly, starting the year (and each subsequent day) with a clean, yet hydrated, face is essential. While we may try to use makeup to cover up our "wrongs," good skincare habits are a must especially as we age. Say goodbye to the days when you dropped into bed without removing your makeup!

One of the simple ways to take it all off (at least off the face) is with Eve Lom Cleanser. This all-in-one product contains a unique blend of four aromatic oils with cleansing, decongesting, and soothing properties.

Here's how I use it. I'll take a dime-sized dollop and gently rub it in circles in my palm to change its consistency from a a cream to an liquid oil. I'll then apply it to my face in a gentle circular motion, including the eye area to remove makeup and cleanse the skin. For more effective cleaning, I'll use the product in combination with a woven muslin cloth (or washcloth) to improve circulation, open pores, cleanse, exfoliate, and tone the skin. Once I'm done, my skin feels amazingly clean, but not over stripped.

Often, there is a cleansing balance to strike especially if you have dry or sensitive skin. If I go overboard with facial cleansing or use too harsh of a product, my skin becomes red, raw, and even oily since the natural oil barrier is disrupted. But I'm having great success with Eve Lom. I'll use it at night and then in the morning, I'll simply splash my face with water before applying moisturizer. It couldn't get any easier than this!

Purchase info: Eve Lom Cleanser is available at select beauty establishments including Beauty.com and Space NK. Prices start at $40.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...