Friday, January 28, 2011

Reflection: Why "Dating" Your Products is a Good Thing

How many times have you inadvertently used a beauty product that should have been tossed months (or even years) earlier? Or, on the flip side, have you thrown out a perfectly "good" item way too soon? Yep...I'm guilty of both scenarios. 

One way to prevent moldy-oldies and early-wasters is to date your products so you know exactly how long they are good. (See previous post for product expiration date guidelines.) And I've recently discovered that my portable Brother Label Maker is the perfect tool for this task. I simply print my own "use by" date when I open a new item and adhere it discreetly to the bottom (or side) of the product. For better readability, I prefer the white (not clear) label tape.

Don't have a label maker? An ultra fine, permanent Sharpie marker will do the trick.

What about you? How do you easily keep track of your product expiration dates? Drop me a line in the comments box and share your solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...