Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Pout Plumper Without the Bite: Buxom Lip Polish in Sandy

How many of us tried lip plumpers when they were first released to the market and experienced painful stinging, prolonged redness, and irritation around the mouth? Yes...that was me, and I swore off lip plumpers indefinitely due to this horrible reaction. But after doing some research and having a similar reaction to other products, I discovered that I had a sensitivity to cinnamon oil, a common ingredient used in most plumpers and even toothpaste.

I didn't give lip plumpers the time of day until I recently received Buxom Lip Polish in Sandy (a nude/pink shade, not the one shown above) as a Sephora Beauty Insider gift. What I thought was a lovely nude, pink lip gloss was actually a lip plumper in disguise! And surprisingly...I liked it.

Buxom is a lip product line by Bare Escentuals that naturally creates the look of fuller, more voluptuous lips. This mineral-infused polish imparts a luminous high shine with no sticky or tacky feeling. A deep infusion of antioxidant vitamins A and E help keep lips soft, smooth, and protected, while the tingly and cooling sensation reminds you that your lips are getting an immediate increase in fullness, but without any irritation. And its sweet scent is to die for...imagine sugar cookies without the calories!

I love the cool tingling on my lips! It stays on quite well, although I wouldn't consider it a long-wearing gloss, and my lips are quite hydrated even several hours after use. For me, the shade Sandy is a practical everyday color that isn't super pink or beige. Nude is really the best description of this hue on my complexion. However, if you have lighter pigmented lips or a darker complexion, you might describe the shade differently.

In terms of its plumping qualities, my lips do look slightly fuller, but nothing unnatural. Really...it just enhances what you already have!

Purchase info: Buxom Lip Polish is available at Bare Escentuals counters, Ulta, and Sephora. There are multiple shades and formulas to choose from. Each retails for $18.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...