While I'm not a big New Year's resolution maker, I am challenging myself to purposefully utilize my current beauty product stash in 2011. How easy it is to accumulate excess products that never get fully consumed especially when you are a beauty blogger AND a product junkie!
To hold myself better accountable, I will keep a running list of products that I finish up. I'll then post the list on an ongoing basis (monthly or bimonthly depending on the number of items) along with one of the following actions per item:
- Repurchase: Buy the same exact item again.
- Use spare: Open a backup that I've previously purchased but never used.
- Replace: Find a different product that achieves a similar function.
- Skip: Make do without!
So...to get the ball rolling, here are my use-it-up products for the week:
- Bobbi Brown Brush Cleaning Spray: I've mentioned this product several times (Review Aug. 2010, Mention Dec. 2010). I use it on a daily basis to keep my brushes clean after each use, and I can't live without it! (Use spare: I ordered a backup bottle before Christmas.)
- Trish McEvoy Treatment Foundation in Cream: Another favorite product (Review Sept. 2009) that I frequently reach for when I need a foundation with decent coverage and good skin benefits. (Use spare: I purchased a backup bottle in August during one of Trish's online sales.)
- By Terry Baume De Rose SPF 15: My true lip love especially during the cold winter months (Review July 2010, Mention Dec. 2010). (Repurchase: I plan to order another one this week!)