Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Mega Protein Booster for Your Nails: nailtiques Nail Protein Formula 2

Last year I put extra focus on improving the condition of my extremely dry hands and cuticles. While I made HUGE strives in this area, everything went south on my finger nails. For the first time in my life, my nails became weak and peeled like crazy. So what caused it? Excess hand washing (check). Frequent polish changing (check). Diet changes (check). Other (check).

Like so many other women, I suddenly had to handle my nails with kid gloves (literally). I opened containers carefully without using my nails, changed my nail filing technique, and wore gloves when I hand washed dishes. And it bugged me to no end! You see I had always taken pride in my super strong nails. In the past, I rarely wore nail polish and my nails were always in phenomenal condition health wise.

At the suggestion of one of my dearest friends, a former nail biter, I started using naitiques Nail Protein Formula 2. This nail protein treatment is created for soft, peeling, bitten, weak, or thin nails. Its salon tested formulation offers a special combinations of ingredients, including hydrolyzed keratin and protein in combination with gelatin and calcium. The protein formula bonds the nail layers together building a strong nail foundation resistant to peeling, chipping, and splitting.

Similar to a clear base coat, you apply one coat of treatment to bare nails. And according to the instructions, you are to apply daily for a week and then remove the product with polish remover and start again. For me, I had better luck applying twice a week as I found that the product started to peel off after more than two layers. As nails improve, you can decrease application.

I'm in my fourth week of application and my nails are getting stronger once again! I've kept them pretty short, but the peels on the tips have all but disappeared except on one nail. During this time, I've also not used nailtiques in conjunction with colored polish. However, the directions state that it can be worn with polish. I plan to wear polish again next week and see how this combination fares.

All in all, nailtiques has lived up to its promise of strengthening my weak nails. I'll be experimenting with it during the year and report on my long-term progress.

Purchase info: nailtiques Nail Protein Formula 2 is available in select beauty supply stores, mass retailers, and online. Prices start at $5.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...