Thursday, January 27, 2011

By George, I Found My Leave-in Conditioner Replacement: John Masters Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler

If you've followed by blog since 2009, you'll remember how I mourned the discontinuation of my holy-grail leave-in conditioner, Kiehl's Leave-in Conditioner. It was the perfect product for keeping my curls super hydrated and oh so soft. For months (ok...more than a year), I tried to find an adequate replacement from either the drug store or salon. But nothing impressed me.

During my hunt, I even stopped using a leave-in altogether as the replacement products I tried sometimes didn't play nicely with my styling gels or creams. I'd either get greasy hair or nasty white clumps of product buildup. Yuck!

But folks...I finally found the replacement product — john masters organics citrus & neroli detangler. The conditioner (which can be rinsed out or used as a leave-in) contains a highly-effective combination of 18 certified-organic ingredients. Natural soy proteins and borage oil replenish lipid content, wheat amino acids and soy proteins restore strength and shine, while essential oils of grapefruit, lemon, and neroli provide an uplifting citrus aroma. And it is perfectly safe for color-treated hair!

I experimented with this new-to-me brand back in late summer and posted a brief review. At this time, I was trying the whole line and trying to figure out what worked/not worked. Surprisingly, I really wasn't paying too much attention to the citrus & neroli detangler since I was only using a dime size dollop after my shampoo and rinse out conditioner. However, by Christmas I realized that I had used up my bottle and was considering buying another. To validate my repurchase decision, I stopped using the product for nearly a week and my hair was a mess. It was tangled, dry, and extremely difficult to manage. Since I was leaving for a Christmas roadtrip, I decided that I couldn't neglect getting another bottle. And by George, I was right!

Now that I'm working through my second bottle my hair is happy again. Even my hair stylist commented on the softness of my curls. My search for a new holy-grail replacement is finally over!

Purchase info: john masters organics citrus & neroli detangler is available at select spas, salons, boutiques, natural food stores, and online (with free shipping!). It retails for $16.00 (8 oz bottle).

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this update. I too was a devout follower of Kiehls Leave In Conditioner (so much so I bought bottles of it when I knew it was being discontinued - and I'm only just running out of it)..

    Do you leave this product in? Or wash out?

    Have you tried any Bumble and Bumble products as an alternative - someone suggested this brand, but they have a few leave ins and I'm not sure which one would be the best alternative.

    Thanks again for your help. Your blog and info totally rocks!!

    Melissa from the UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am using the John Masters product as a leave-in conditioner. I apply before my styling products, just as I was doing with Kiehl's. I have tried several BB products, but I found I wasn't getting the same results. I also felt the BB products were causing some build-up issues. Hope this helps! And thanks for your kind words :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried any of the other scents? Do they make a difference?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Samantha,
      It's been a while, but I do remember having an unfavorable experience with the Bare (unscented version). I felt it was significantly different in consistency and a bit too heavy for a leave in. I just noticed that John Masters has a new leave-in conditioning mist. I'd love to try it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...