Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Perfect Holiday Reds - Trish McEvoy Lips & Chanel Nails

It's officially December when everything is painted red, including lips and nails. For some of us, we can't wait for the season's festive colors. While others are intimidated by these crimson hues. In my opinion, there is a perfect red for everyone, but you'll have to do a bit of searching to find something that works for you. For me, I prefer a slightly subdued tone with an edge of warm overtones. If I choose something too cool, I feel it's too stark for my skin.

This year I've discovered two products that I'm sporting to all of my holiday events. They are also extremely versatile so that I can continue to wear them both into the new year!

For my lips, I'm loving Trish McEvoy The Lip Plumper in Barely Red. This gloss has great pigment, but it's not over the top bright red. It's also very conditioning even though it's a plumper. My lips feel extremely hydrated and smooth. In addition, the product pairs well over a lipstick for another option. Barely Red is available at Trish counters for $28.00.

And on my nails, I'm crazy for Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in 487 Rouge Fatal. I can't tell you how happy I am to finally find the perfect red nail polish. As with most Chanel's polishes, the color applies easily and lasts for days. While it's pricier than most other lines, it's quality is superior to other lines that I've tried. I believe that this color is limited edition, so you'll want to pick one up quickly! Rouge Fatal is available at Chanel counts for $23.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...