Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Palette of the Season: Limited Edition Bobbi Brown Modern Classic Lip & Eye Palette

Several years ago I was obsessed with eye and lip palettes. But my challenge was that I'd only use a few select shades and the rest would go to waste. Finally I vowed to not purchase any more. Instead I've been creating my own custom palettes with Trish McEvoy's planner pages.

However, this season I started to get the wandering palette eye once again. And it didn't help when my friend boasted about her new Bobbi Brown Modern Classic Lip & Eye Palette. Yes...I caved.

Let's start with the 10 eye shadows, which range from grays to bronzes to plums. It's really the most elegant collection of "neutrals+" that have been tweaked ever so slightly so that they are a bit unexpected and distinct from other palettes, including other Bobbi Brown collections. And they cover everything from mattes to shimmers to metallics.

And the glosses are equally stunning with shades of plum, rose, bronze, and pink. They are great worn solo or can be paired on a top of a lipstick for yet another option.

In addition to the shadows and glosses, you get an eye shadow brush and a lipstick brush. Really, it's everything you need for a weekend away when you don't want to think about packing individual shadows and glosses.

Similar to Bobbi's Limited Edition Chrome palette introduced last year, the Modern Classic palette features the clever fold-out design that separates the shadows from the glosses. For me this is a huge benefit since I don't like any fallout from my shadows to get in my glosses.

All in all...it's the best palette of the season and, perhaps, one of my all-time favorites.

Purchase info: Limited Edition Bobbi Brown Modern Classic Lip & Eye Palette is available at local Bobbi Brown counters and online. It retails for $75.00. If you are interested, you may want to purchase in the near future as they will sell out quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...