Friday, December 31, 2010

The Best of 2010, Part 2: My Favorite Finds

Here are some more favorite finds of the year that are consuming prime real estate in my bathroom counters and drawers. Let's see where we left off from yesterday...

Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion for Face & Body SPF 60 PA+++ (Review, Aug. 2010): This 2010 reformulation of my favorite sunscreen wins the top prize in my book. It took me years to find a high SPF sunscreen that agrees with my sensitive skin and doesn't ball up (or run down my face) with makeup. While I've tried other Shiseido formulas, I keep purchasing this one again and again!


John Masters Organics Haircare (Review, Aug. 2010): This brand continues to amaze me with its high-quality hair products that work well on my curls. I especially love the herbal cider hair clarifier and color sealer, citrus & neroli detangler (the best leave-in...even better than my much beloved, and now discontinued, Kiehl's), and sweet orange & silk protein styling gel.

Chanel Teint Innocence Naturally Luminous Fluid Makeup in Albatre (Review, Aug. 2010): A lovely, light foundation that is now on the way out the discontinuation door. I guess all good things must come to an end, but I still want to tout its goodness! It's a perfect match for my skin and the finish is long-lasting and very natural. I'm hoping that Chanel replaces it with something equally stunning. In the mean time, I've stashed an extra bottle just in case.

Trish McEvoy The Classic Collection Brush Set (Mention, Sept. 2010): I finally broke down and bought this limited-edition set right after Thanksgiving. While I already own most of the brushes, I just couldn't resist especially since they all fit perfectly in their classic black zip case. It is the ideal brush set especially for those ladies who travel frequently. Now you don't have to think about which brushes to bring, just grab the case and go!

Bobbi Brown Brush Cleaning Spray (Review, Jan. 2010): I've backtracked to January since I just mentioned the Trish brushes. If you have good brushes, you'll want to keep them uber clean. I'm obsessed with this handy spray that you can use after each brush use. I love that it is alcohol-free and won't damage your brushes after prolonged use. My only pet peeve is that I go through a bottle about every two months and then it's nearly always out of stock at all of the Bobbi counters near me. What's up with that? Tip: But several bottles so you'll always have backup!

Zoya Remove + (Review, Nov. 2010): You'll remember that this year I frequently blogged about my new love...nail polish. As I explored this new product category, I soon realized that I needed a quality polish remover that wouldn't trash my nails. Zoya wins this category hands down.

Secret Clinical Strength Antiperspirant & Deodorant Advanced Solid, Sensitive Skin (Review, Nov. 2010): I know...it's hard to believe that I'm plugging a deodorant as one of my favorite finds. But this Secret formula (no pun intended) works better than anything else I've tried. Plus, I don't have to worry about it drying out my pits or causing irritation. I'll even use it after I shave. While it does cost a bit more than other drugstore formulas, it's totally worth it!

 
Bobbi Brown Modern Classic Lip & Eye Palette (Review, Dec. 2010): As I mentioned before, I stopped buying eye/lip palettes last year since I rarely get my money's worth. However, I made the exception with this versatile one. I tell you, this is THE palette of 2010. It's neutral, but distinct from the other neutral palettes on the market. And...everything has its own contained space so you don't get any shadow fallout in your gloss! Hurry, as this limited-edition item is starting to disappear from Bobbi counters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...