Wednesday, December 15, 2010

12 Days of Beautiful Gifts: Day 3 - Containers-A-Plenty

Today's post is dedicated to the frequent road warriors and the rest of us who are enamored by "holdy" things. My college roommate and I came up with that phrase when we discovered our mutual love for The Container Store.


humangear GoToob Travel Tubes: If you've ever had a travel container leak in your cosmetic bag, you know the damage it can do. I've recently started using GoToob tubes for decanting my favorite products, and I'm never going back to anything else. These TSA-approved size tubes include no-drip valves, large openings for easy filling, and a handy rotating collar with integrated labels for shampoo, conditioner, lotion, etc. GoToob tubes are available at REI and other travel/sporting goods stores. Prices vary.


Sephora Refillable Lipstick Palette: How many times have you tossed a lipstick because it broke, or you couldn't get any more product out of the bottom of the tube? Not any more! This brilliant kit from Sephora provides everything you need to create your own personalized lip palette with eight wells, lipstick brush, silicone melting pot, and spatula. Be sure to follow the enclosed instructions for best results. The refillable lipstick palette is available exclusively at Sephora for $15.00.


Delight.com Perfume Roller: I never like to be without my favorite perfume, but it's never advisable to carry the whole bottle. Trust me...I've broken one in my suitcase. This chic perfume roller enables you to travel in style with your perfume. I just love the chic lines of these square-shaped atomizers. They are available in a variety of colors and include a plastic funnel for easily refilling. The perfume rollers are available at Delight.com. Each retails for $38.50. For an extra special gift, include a bottle of the recipient's favorite fragrance!



Trish McEvoy Makeup Planner System: You all know how I love my Trish! For the past two years, I've been using one of her ingenious makeup planners on all my trips. Each can be customized with her magnetic pages to hold shadows, liners, blushes, etc. And there are pockets and a mesh pouch for other products, brushes, and more. Really...the options are limitless. Pick the planner size that is suited to your own needs and makeup inventory. I love the petite planner for weekends and the mini for my week-long (or even longer) trips. Trish's planners are available at your local Trish counters and online.


violight Toothbrush Sanitizer: This item is dual purpose gift. Not only is it a sturdy toothbrush holder, but it's also a UV blue light sanitizer. When traveling or at home, this portable sanitizer keeps your toothbrush virtually free of germs! When the case is closed, it takes just seven minutes for the germicidal UV blue light to kill up to 99% of bacteria; the unit automatically shuts off. It's a healthy solution for the traveler on your list. This product is available at The Container Store and retails for $29.99.  It comes with a toothbrush, but will also hold most other tooth brushes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...