Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Soap That Nearly Pushed Me off the Edge: LUSH Noubar Soap

I love peanuts, walnuts, and pistachios, but not in my shower. Recently, I picked up LUSH's Noubar Soap, a unusual combination of chopped nuts that delivers a smoky, slightly bitter scent of vetivert and rose. In the store,  the soap reminded me of pistachio ice cream — one of my all-time favorite desserts. And, I normally enjoy LUSH's homemade bar soaps. They're amazingly creative with their combination of ingredients, and my skin loves to soak up all of these extra goodies.

But this one nearly pushed me off the edge. I used it in the shower for several days without any issues. It lathered well and my skin seemed to tolerate it without any problems. But then I decided to spend one evening reading in my bedroom. While I was hanging out, I kept getting this terrible whiff of burnt nuts and something sweet. It was so obnoxious to the point that I had to hunt down the odor's source. Finally, I realized it was the soap. I moved it to our other bathroom and forgot about it. Several days later, I began cleaning the bathroom and nearly tossed my cookies. The intense scent from Noubar did not agree with me at all. I was nauseated to the point that I had to leave area altogether. Needless to say, the soap was immediately banned to the trash can.

This experience taught me that I really need to test out new scented beauty products before I purchase, especially if the combination is unfamiliar.  Maybe ask for a small sample or just hang out with the tester a bit longer in the store.

Purchase info: While LUSH Noubar Soap didn't work out for me, it does has a dedicated following. It's available for purchase at LUSH stores and online. Prices start at $5.95 for 3.5 oz when purchased online. In stores you buy it by the ounce so you can specify the amount you prefer.

2 comments:

  1. O wow! What an interesting story. I've heard so many good things about these products. I'm curious to try just to see if the smell is really that bad. lol.. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it was just me! My husband says I have the world's most sensitive nose :)

    And I have had good luck with their other scents.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...