Monday, November 8, 2010

Monday Scent-A-Rama: Secret Clinical Strength Antiperspirant & Deodorant Advanced Solid, Sensitive Skin

This is definitely an unusual post as I typically don't get excited about deodorant scents. In fact, I've been using an unscented one for years and rather prefer it to avoid any undesirable scent clashes with my perfume. However, today I will make an exception.

Two weeks ago, I decided it was time to switch my deodorant/antiperspirant as my previous favorite was not cutting it anymore. After several recommendations from friends, I purchased Secret Clinical Strength, Sensitive Skin formula. While I don't have an excessive sweating issue, I was increasing my exercise routine and found I was literally sweating off my antiperspirant. The Secret product was intended to provide 24-hour protection. And I choose the sensitive skin version since I've encountered skin issues with other clinical strength products.

Since the product was intended for sensitive skin with a hypoallergenic mention, I automatically assumed it would be unscented. Even when I applied it, I didn't pick up on the scent. It took a 3-mile run for its light marine/clean scent to kick in. I kept looking around to see where it was coming from before I realized it was on me! According to the product label, the odor-fighting capsules in Secret Clinical Strength will work as you need them. Thus, when perspiration is present in the underarm, the odor-fighting capsules absorb odor and release scent as needed. Brilliant!

It's hard to put my finger on the exact notes of the scent. But I do pick up on something ocean/marine and maybe even a little cucumber. It's so different from the powder or floral scented deodorants that I loathe. As creepy as it sounds, I actually look forward to sweating so that I can smell its lovely aroma.

The good news is because the product's scent is so mellow it should not clash with most perfumes. For the first seven days, I experimented with a different perfume everyday just to make sure.

The quality of the product is also excellent. It works probably better than anything else I've tried to date. It lasts all day, and no skin issues so far. The only challenge I had was applying the correct amount. It's thicker and creamier than most solids, so all you need is one click (at most) for each underarm. If you use any more, it won't absorb well and you'll get a thick paste. The other trick is applying the product at night for maximum protection. If I do shower in the morning, I don't need to reapply again in the AM.

Purchase info: Secret Clinical Strength Antiperspirant & Deodorant Advanced Solid, Sensitive Skin is available at most mass retailers. It's a little pricier at $9.99, but it's very concentrated so it will probably last longer than other similar products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...