Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Look Ma, New Brows: Benefit Hard Angle Brush

Sometimes it just takes the right tool AND a quick lesson from an expert to transform a good product into a can't-live-without beauty product.

If you've followed my blog for some time, you'll know I had a horrendous brow wax several years ago that took months (ok...nearly a year) for my brows to grow back. To help me through the in-between stages, I relied heavily on Benefit Brow Zings to fill in the gaps of missing hair (see previous post). While I loved this product, sometimes I struggled to achieve the same precision as my favorite aesthetician at the local Benefit Brow Bar.

What was I doing wrong? I was using the same product, but I couldn't quite get the inner brow angle to my liking. Several months ago, I finally asked Holly what was I doing wrong. For starters, I was using a different brush that didn't offer a hard, pointed angle. So following her suggestion, I purchased the Benefit Hard Angle Brush. Once I brought it home, I tried to work her magic. Again, I failed to get the same results.

At my next brow wax appointment, I broke down and asked her for step-by-step instructions. Here's the funny part. I was holding the brush the wrong way (pointy angle up) and applying the brow product just on the angle itself. What I really should have been doing is holding the brush with the angle pointed downwards and applying the product to the flat side of the brush and pulling it upwards through my brows. (That's tough to describe accurately in words).

So what's the real lesson here? Ask first before you write off a failed or not-quite-satisfied product. I've nearly returned several now holy grail beauty items just because I wasn't using them correctly. Yeah...it's a pride thing for me, but I'm learning that it's OK to ask for help!

What about you? Have you recently asked for help in using a new product? Drop me a line in the comments box as I'd love to hear your story!

BTW...if you'd like to purchase my new favorite brow brush, it's available at your local Benefit counter or Benefit Cosmetics.com. It retails for approximately $16.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...