Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Hair Product Buildup Begone: John Masters Organics Herbal Cider Hair Clarifier

Hair product buildup is one of those personal subjects that we don't like to discuss. And whether it be sticky flakes or dull residue, it's just not pretty! While I've tried using clarifying shampoos in the past, I've often found them to be too drying. As a result, I've had to overcompensate with extra conditioner, which only makes the buildup worse.

One of the ways I'm currently treating my own product buildup is by cutting down on the physical amount of product that I use. I'm also very careful when mixing different products. As a curly girl, I live and die by my product "cocktails," however, I often find that a particular product may not play nicely with others. Even so, I do get the occasional buildup that drives me bonkers!

To combat the issue, I'm using John Masters Organics Herbal Cider Hair Clarifier and Color Sealer about every 1 1/2 weeks. This mixture of 7 certified-organic herbs and essential oils coupled with organic apple cider vinegar eliminates buildup on the hair shaft while restoring the proper pH level to the scalp.  I mix 2-3 caps of the product with a cup of water and pour directly over my head after shampooing. While applying, I try to massage it around to evenly dispense. I leave it in for a minute or two, rinse, and condition. I'll then continue with my styling product routine.

The next day is when I see the results...super shiny hair, more intense color, and absolutely no buildup! A big yeah in my book!

Purchase info: John Masters Organics Herbal Cider Hair Clarifier and Color Sealer is available at select salons, spas, boutiques, and natural food and health stores nationwide. It can also be purchased online at John Masters.com. It retails for $17.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...