Monday, October 25, 2010

Monday Scent-a-Rama: Bond No. 9 Washington Square

Last week was one of those weeks that I'd like to forget... unreasonable deadlines, technology mishaps, and the like. However, the bright spot was receiving a completely unexpected sample of Bond No. 9 Washington Square, the soon-to-be-released fragrance from one of my favorite perfume boutiques. One slight spritz and I was a hooked. And this one got me in the holiday mood, too!

Washington Square is so different than any other fragrance that I own.  I'm really at a loss at how to describe its best qualities. While I'm not usually one for including a company's own marketing description, they were spot on.

"A similar defiance defines Bond No. 9 Washington Square—an iconoclastic, thoroughly modern rose-inflected eau de parfum that we hasten to debut on the occasion this month of the park’s reopening following a lengthy refurbishment. Washington Square, the eau de parfum, pairs the old-fashioned purple rose with tarragon, vetiver, and an unexpected leather accord."

And if you are curious about the exact notes, they are: Italian bergamont, geranium, tarragon, purple rose, honey, vintage amber, leather accord, vetiver, and musk.

The kicker is that I'd probably skip this particular fragrance altogether if I read its notes and description before trying it first. As I've mentioned in other posts, I'm not a rose or floral lover, but this one is a subtle "warm" floral that is balanced by a spices and sweet honey. Thankfully I just went ahead and spritzed away blindly and let my nose be my guide. For me, I often find the best fragrances for my body chemistry if I spray first and then ask questions.

All in all, this fragrance would be perfect for right now as we transition into those holiday months. Sadly for me, I'll have to make do with my sample and hope wishfully that Santa Claus brings me a full bottle!

Purchase info: Bond No. 9 Washington Square is expected to arrive on counters November 1. It will be sold at Bond No. 9’s four New York stores, at Saks Fifth Avenue, at Harrods in London, and online at bondno9.com. Prices start at $95.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...