Friday, October 29, 2010

Giving Up Early on My 7-Day Challenge: Lancôme Génifique Youth Activating Serum

I'm always open to new challenges, especially when it involves samples of the latest skincare products. Last week I opted to try Lancôme's Génifique Youth Activating Serum for seven days. My local counter at Macy's was giving out a week's worth of free samples. So I thought...why not? It's been a while since I've used any of Lancôme's skincare products, so this was the perfect opportunity.

Génifique Youth Activating Serum is one of Lancôme's newer skincare products. According to the company, it is their first skincare product that boosts the activity of genes and stimulates the production of youth proteins. After seven days of continuous use, the product promises visibly younger skin with such positive qualities as dramatically refined skin tone, softer skin, and breath-taking radiance.

As instructed, I used the product twice a day in conjunction with my regular skincare routine. It is used right after washing and before any other serums or moisturizers. During this trial period, I opted not to use my prescription Retin-A so as to not create any extra sensitivity. Sometimes Retin-A does not play nicely with other ingredients!

After my first application, I noticed that my skin felt great. It was extremely smooth to the touch. However, that was the extent of its glory. After day two, my skin was slightly red and my other products were rising up in revolt. Well, that's an exaggeration. What I really meant is that my other products were not laying down nicely on top of Génifique Youth Activating Serum. They were balling up at the surface and sloughing off. But I kept on trying. For the next day or so, I continued on, but significantly reduced the amount.

Unfortunately by day five, my skin was still red, it was now oily on the surface, and my other products still weren't agreeing. And on day six, I threw in the towel of defeat.

The irony is that after I stopped using the product my skin looks downright radiant. Go figure...

Purchase info: Lancôme Génifique Youth Activating Serum is available at your local Lancôme counter or Lancôme-USA.com. It retails for $78.00 (1 oz bottle). I'd ask for a sample first before purchasing. Most counters have been very generous with their 7-day packs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...