Monday, September 27, 2010

My Lips But Better: Bobbi Brown Lip Shine Treatment SPF 15

I'm back after a week hiatus thanks to a nearly-dead computer. But with my new MacBook Pro, I'm now pumped and ready to get this blog going again! Thanks for sticking with me.


I'm totally guilty of procrastinating on this post. You see I discovered Bobbi Brown Lip Shine Treatment SPF 15 (shade Brownie Nude, not shown) earlier this summer when it was first released. I read about it, purchased, and immediately loved this product. And that is rare for a lip item that isn't a gloss. I'm a total gloss girl, and I just have issues with most lipsticks as they are too drying. However, this one wooed me and won!

To be honest, it's really a hybrid of a gloss and a lipstick with treatment properties. Lip Shine gives you the lovely color payoff that you expect from a lipstick. It offers a soft satin shine that isn't matte or glossy. It's in between, which I believe looks more natural on my lips. And it gives immediate comfort to dry, chapped lips while providing long-term moisture with natural Cocoa and Shea Butters, Jojoba, Apricot Kernel and Avocado oils.

According to Bobbi, peptides, along with Vitamin C, stimulate collagen production to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, while SPF15 helps prevent future sun damage. That's the treatment part. While I can't attest to the reduction of wrinkles, I know that my lips are in love.

All summer I wore Brownie Nude, which is a warm brown shade that is close to my natural lip color. For fall, I purchased Maple as I wanted something a little deeper in hue. It's described as a deep raisin color with hints of plum. It's perfect for pairing with my purple, plum, and wine colored clothing that is so popular this fall.

And if these shades aren't for you, there are 10 others to choose from.

Purchase info: Bobbi Brown Lip Shine Treatment SPF 15 is available at your local Bobbi Brown counter and Bobbi Brown Cosmetics.com. It retails for $22.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...