Thursday, September 9, 2010

Light as a Feather Coverage: Chanel Teint Innocence Naturally Luminous Fluid Makeup

I'll be frank...I don't usually experiment with my foundation unless it's broken. But sometimes I want a different type of coverage. In my most recent case, I simply wanted a lighter foundation for the warm summer months. One that would help me get a "my skin but better" canvas, but without being heavy. The challenge was finding something that wasn't either super dewy or matte. I wanted something right in the middle that would work on my sensitive, normal-to-dry complexion.

At the suggestion of my local Chanel counter, I tried a few different Chanel foundations. While I liked several different formulas, I kept striking out on the color. Too dark, too light, too pink, etc. But since I was sold on the brand's smooth consistency, I did not give up. I kept asking for samples and tried them all.

And my winning, light as a feather foundation is...Chanel Teint Innocence Naturally Luminous Fluid Makeup in Albatre. It's one of the newer shades to be added to the line. It's the lightest shade in the mix, and is perfect on fair, neutral complexions. I initially thought it would be too light in color for me; however, it disappeared on my skin after several minutes. And that is always a good thing!  You never want to "see" your foundation.

While Teint Innocence is a foundation, it reminds me of a tinted moisturizer. The texture is extremely light, oil free, and very blendable. It also wears well for most of the day. While I haven't worn it in extreme humidity, it does hold up well in the heat, too.

But most important is the product's smooth feel on my skin. It's creamy and doesn't emphasize over-sized pores or dry patches. It hides both flawlessly without being cakey. Sold!

Purchase info: Chanel Teint Innocence Naturally Luminous Fluid Makeup is available at local Chanel counters. It retails for $47.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...