Monday, August 16, 2010

My Shower Pouf's New Best Friend: Sabon NYC Fig Coco Shower Oil

During my June trip to NYC, I stumbled upon Sabon NYC, a bath and body store just minutes from my hotel. My first sighting was after hours so I had to wait until the next day to visit. And, it was SO worth the wait!

This little bath boutique offers the most original scent combinations that I've experienced across a wide line of bath and body items. Scent examples: Apple Cinnamon Mint, Dulche de Leche, Kiwi Mango Rose Petals, Vanilla Wheat, and more. In other words, not your expected Vanilla or Citrus (although they have variations of these traditional scents, as well).

One of my favorite purchases was their Fig Coco Shower Oil. It is a rich shower gel paired with essential oils that are moisturizing, but not over the top greasy. The formula reminds me of L'Occitane's Amande Shower Gel (see previous post); however, this product is thicker and seems more like a soap than an oil. It's so refreshing after a workout at the gym or when you need a little shower pick-me-up that is different from your regular body wash or soap. The product is also very concentrated. All you need is a pump or two on your pouf for oodles of rich bubbles.

What was my real attraction to Fig Coco Shower Oil? The scent. It is definitely indescribable as it's unlike anything in my bath repertoire. It's really grown on me and I'll be sad when my bottle is empty.

While I don't have a Sabon NYC store close to my home in California, they sell all of their bath and body products online. And if you sign up with an email address, you'll get sent weekly specials. For example, this week they are offering free shipping on all orders of $20 or more. That's a sweet offer considering that most of their bath products are sold in heavy glass jars.

Purchase info: Sabon NYC Fig Coco Shower Oil is available in Sabon stores and Sabon NYC.com. It retails for $18.00 (17 oz glass jar). Seven other scents are also available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...