Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Healing Power of Shea: Hugo Naturals Shea Butter

Less is often more. As I'm getting older, I'm learning to cut back on extra skincare steps (e.g. primer) and unnecessary ingredients, such as fillers and perfume, to avoid sensitivities.

One of the most basic, and powerful, products that I rely on daily is Hugo Naturals Pure & Unscented Shea Butter. Its sole ingredient is 100 percent pure, cold-pressed shea butter. I use it when my skin needs some extra TLC. 

Shea butter is a solid fatty oil made from the nuts of Karite Nut trees, also known as Mangifolia, that grow in the semi-arid Savannah regions of West and Central Africa. It contains beneficial vegetable fats that promote cell regeneration and circulation, making it an excellent healer for parched skin.

This rich balm melts into your skin while providing an extra layer of protection. And it nourishes like nothing else I've found. One of my favorite uses is on my cracked heels. After exfoliating with a heel file (see previous post for recommendations), I'll slather on a generous amount of Hugo Naturals Shea Butter and then put on cotton socks. I'll leave the socks on overnight and then wake up with the smoothest heels.

Hugo Naturals Shea Butter is also a nice treat for your lips, elbows, etc. — those areas where you need extra spot-on care.

Purchase info: Hugo Naturals Shea Butter is available at select retailers, including Whole Foods, Sprouts, Nugget Markets, and more. Prices range from $9.99 to $13.99 (4 oz jar), so shop around for the best deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...