Monday, August 23, 2010

Happy, Healthy End-of-Sumer Hair: John Masters Organics Haircare

Just when I was experiencing some really good summer hair days, everything went south. My products were building up, my scalp and hair were drying out, and the frizz was taking over. I swapped out a few products here and there, but kept ending up with a hairball of a mess.

Thankfully, I was introduced to the John Masters Organics haircare line in mid-July at an event in a local boutique. The John Masters' rep personally analyzed my hair and recommended a few products for me to try. Although I've had to play around with the recommended mix (including adding back in some of my old favorites from other brands), my hair is finally in a happy place once again! 

While I've heard of the John Masters brand name, I really never knew anything about the company's products. I'm very happy to report the company is dedicated to producing a luxury line that treats the earth (and your hair!) with respect. John Masters partners with local farmers that have a proven history of respect towards their environment in how they harvest their ingredients. And the company meets strict guidelines in terms of what they use (and not use) in its products. You won't find any sodium lauryl sulfate, parabens, DEAs, MEAs, TEAs, GMOs (Genetically Modified Organism), petro-chemicals, and artificial colors, fragrances or fillers. And John Masters NEVER tests its products on animals.

One of the immediate improvements was in the texture and "feel" of my hair. It's so soft and shiny now. Before, my hair was dull and coarse, even after a recent hair coloring. Usually my hair looks and feels its best after color, but not this time. I think my previous combination of products was making things worse and I needed to start fresh. The story of my life...

To date, here are my new favorites from the John Masters Organics line:
  • honey & hibiscus hair reconstructing shampoo - This is a fortifying and strengthening shampoo that is designed to renew and reconstruct damaged hair. It is the most moisturizing shampoo of the line. I initially used the evening primrose for dry hair shampoo, but found it to be too drying.
  • herbal cider hair clarifier and color sealer - This is a once-a-week or every-other-week treatment that eliminates product buildup on the hair shaft and seals in your color. My hair is super shiny when I use this product.
  • citrus & neroli detangler - This is one of the best leave-in conditioners around! It even helps to treat a dry scalp. And I love, love, love the bright citrus fragrance.
  • dry hair nourishment & defrizzer - This is a rich combination of plant and essential oils. I add 3-4 drops of it to the detangler and scrunch throughout wet hair for extra conditioning.
I'm still experimenting with the company's other products. I'll be sure to share my findings along the way. And I would love to hear your experience with the John Masters Organics line! Drop me a note in the comment box.

Purchase info: John Masters Organics haircare line is available at select salons, spas, boutiques, and natural food stores, including Whole Foods. (Consult the company's store finder for a retailer near you.) The products are also available at John Masters.com with free ground shipping available for every purchase. Prices start at $16.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...