Monday, August 30, 2010

Chanel, Where Have You Been All of My Life?

I'm known to be fashionably late to the party. But in this case, I arrived about a decade too late. Thankfully, Chanel makeup was still waiting for me at the counter and did not go out of style. And that's my confession...end of story. Now let me tell you about my entry into this ultra classy brand.

First up...Chanel's Fall 2010 collection. Specifically, it was Paradoxal, the company's purple/taupish (is that a word?) swirl of delight nail polish. It literally called out to me from behind the counter and I caved. It's an unusual, limited-edition color that needs to be tried on first before you appreciate all of its wonder. At first glance, it appears to be more of a cream polish, but once applied you get subtle shimmer in the right light. It is my first nail polish that has garnered multiple stares and compliments from women (and men) across all age groups. In fact, I think I influenced a male associate at Sephora to leave his post early in order to grab a bottle at the nearest Bloomingdales. Even though it's still summer here in Southern California, I've enjoyed wearing this fall shade right now. And I know I'll be using it right up until Christmas!

Another standout item in the Fall 2010 collection, is Glossimer in Coral Love. While it does seem a bit strange to be promoting a coral lip gloss for fall, I love it. You know me and my corals lippies! I just can't get enough. This is my first Glossimer and I'm swooned by its smooth, non-tacky finish. It feels so good on my lips that I can't stop applying. It has subtle shimmer, but nothing over the top. It looks great by itself or on top of a lipstick.

The final product that reeled me in was Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Pink Explosion. Now this was completely and utterly unexpected. First, I don't like pink. And second, I didn't need another blush as I never use up what I have! However, I made the exception here. This one just looked amazing on my fair skin. My coloring is pretty neutral, so I can straddle both warm and cool shades as long as I don't go too extreme in either direction. I also picked up another shade called  Rose Petale, which is not part of the fall collection. It's one of those universal blushes that everyone needs for their collections. It's warmer in tone than Pink Explosion. I've been wearing it almost every day with my coral lippies. It picks up the peach in the coral without being too warm. You can't go wrong with either shade. Both are finely milled, apply effortlessly, and last for hours!

I can't wait to review even more Chanel. Stay tuned for my latest discoveries!

Purchase info: Chanel's Fall 2010 collection is available at counters (and online) now. Most items are limited edition, so hurry if something catches your eye. They've been out for nearly 6 weeks and stock is starting to get low.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...