Monday, July 12, 2010

Reflection: Wondering How You Look? Snap a Photo!


So procrastination nearly got the best of me this morning. Over the weekend, I read that passport renewal fees are increasing tomorrow, July 13, and my passport expired in 2008. In order not to pay more for my renewal, I was determined to get my photo taken today so that I could my paperwork postmarked ASAP before the fee increase. I quickly picked out an outfit and applied my makeup. However, I had a sinking feeling that I was overlooking something obvious. You see I recently took the worst driver's license photo of my life, and I vowed to not make this mistake twice.

On instinct, I grabbed my iPhone and snapped a self-photo. I remember learning this trick from a makeup artist. And my camera did not lie. What I soon discovered was that I forgot to touch-up one of my eyebrows! I also saw that I needed a bit more blush, as well as an extra swipe of translucent powder in my T-zone.

Simply brilliant! I would have easily missed these quick updates without my camera and then had to live with my photo for the next 10 years. The good news is that my photograph turned out perfectly. In fact, it is the only ID photo I'll ever show proudly and pray that I never lose!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...