Monday, July 26, 2010

My Lips Are Smitten by a Rose: By Terry Baume De Rose SPF 15

 
I said it would never, ever happen, but I finally did fall head over heels for a rose product. You see...for years I've loathed the scent of rose. No rose lotions, perfumes, or bath products for this gal. Zip, nada, zilch.   

But I changed my mind almost instantaneously after trying By Terry Baume De Rose SPF 15. Last month on my trip to NYC,  I was introduced to this AMAZING lip product by a sales associate in Bloomingdale's. She used it as a lip base before applying a lipstick. Now forget the lipstick, I was all over Baume De Rose. My lips never felt better, and I was not leaving the store without this mystery product. 

Baume De Rose is described as a melt-away balm that is an ultra-glamorous SOS treatment to repair, nourish, regenerate, and protect the lips. Its creamy and delicately rose-scented texture, which is shiny without being sticky, coats the lips in an incredibly natural glossy finish. 
When I apply Baume De Rose, it gives my lips a very slight pink (or light rose) cast that brings out the natural color of my own lips. It reminds me of how my lips looked when I was a young child. And they feel so good! I can apply the product before going to bed and my lips feel just as nourished when I wake up. 

I also appreciate that Baume De Rose contains SPF 15, so my lips are protected from the sun during the day. Not all of my lip glosses and lipsticks contain SPF, so this is a good protective base for everyday use. 

The only negative is Baume De Rose's luxury price. At $58, it's not something you'll typically purchase everyday. But rather, it is a present to yourself that you only give on special occasions, such as your birthday, new job/promotion, etc. However, I can attest that I've barely made a dent in my jar, and I've used multiple times per day for the past six weeks.  

Purchase info: By Terry Baume De Rose is available at Barney's, Space NK stores, Space NK @ Bloomingdales, and Space NK.com. It retails for $58.00 (10 g/.35 oz tub).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...