Monday, July 5, 2010

The $10 Moisturizer that Shelved My La Mer: Eucerin Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Sensitive Skin Creme

If you've been reading my blog for any length of time, you'll notice that I don't frequently review facial moisturizers. For me, I need consistency here and if I start experimenting with my daily moisturizer my skin goes nuts. Breakouts, dry patches, oiliness, redness...you name it and I've experienced it.


But during the past year, my sensitive skin has changed too many times for me to count, and I started switching products. However, I kept returning to my beloved La Mer Creme when everything else failed me. But in early May even La Mer wasn't doing its job. I couldn't get rid of the dry patches on my chin, cheeks, and nose. I kept blaming my sunscreen and foundation for the dryness, but in retrospect, my moisturizer wasn't doing its job. 

Out of desperation, I started reading moisturizer reviews and skincare postings on MakeupAlley.com. I noticed that Eucerin Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Sensitive Skin Creme was mentioned many times. So...at less than $10 a jar, I figured I had nothing to lose!

But instead, I had everything to gain. I started using the creme twice a day and almost instantly my skin was revived. The dry patches started to disappear and my skin felt soothed and well balanced. It didn't feel greasy or tight, but rather supple. I even experimented by using it in humid conditions on my NYC trip and it didn't fail me there.

One of best benefits is that I can use the creme both AM and PM. No need for yet another product! It applies very evenly under my makeup, and I can even go back and pat on an extra dab on top of my foundation if I see any dry areas that I missed. With any other moisturizer, this second application would ruin my makeup job. At night, I'll generously add a little extra on top of my eye creme for added hydration. And this works well, too.

I've been using the creme faithfully for 8 weeks now and my face has never looked better. Even several makeup artists that I know well have asked what I'm doing to make my skin look flawless. Of course, I'm giving the credit to Eucerin. And it proves to me that a drugstore item can shelve a $100+ cult beauty product!

Purchase info: Eucerin Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Sensitive Skin Creme is available at most mass retailers, drugstores, and Drugstore.com. Prices vary, but you can usually find it for $10 or less on sale (1.7 oz jar).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...