Thursday, June 24, 2010

Vacation Wandering: A Stroll Through the Brooklyn Flea

For me a delightful vacation includes exploring the off-the-beaten paths that tourists don't usually frequent. You get to know the local neighborhoods and experience the truly unexpected. One of these unique finds on my NYC trip was the Brooklyn Flea with its hundreds of top vendors of antique and repurposed furniture, vintage clothing, collectibles and antiques, as well as new jewelry, art and crafts by local artisans and designers, plus delicious fresh food. It's all here...

Each Saturday and Sunday, this amazing flea market showcases the most creative items. In particular, I picked up three affordable finds from the local designers.

Here are my purchases from the Brooklyn Flea:
  • A homemade cloth headband (left) created by Chika Michieli of Mercato. She designs super soft and stylish headbands made from silk, wool, and cotton prints.
  • A whimsical flour cloth dish towel (center) that is illustrated by Claudia Pearson. I purchased the Summer edition. Its bold orange and yellow design matches the personality of my kitchen.
  • A sky blue leather wrap bracelet (right) from Birdhouse Jewelry. This one pushes me out of jewelry rut.
Been to the Brooklyn Flea? I'd love to hear about your finds! Drop me a line in the comments box.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Thank you for listing about my store!!
    chika michieli
    Mercato

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...