Monday, June 28, 2010

Summer Vacation Read: Getting the Pretty Back by Molly Ringwald

I grew up in the era of Molly Ringwald teen movies. We were both born in the same year, grew up less than 30 miles from each other, and looked surprising similar during our teen years. I was destined to pick up her new book, Getting the Pretty Back, for my vacation read. And I wasn't disappointed...

This is THE book for anyone who wants candid advice on anything from motherhood to cultivating friendship to finding the perfect lipstick. (And it even looks pretty thanks to all of the colorful illustrations.

For my nearly five-hour plane read to NYC, I was utterly transfixed by Molly's book. Seriously, it was like having an extended conversation with my best girlfriends on every topic under the sun with the premise that aging shouldn't take the "pretty" out of our lives. Molly suggests that prettiness is a state of mind. It's all about "the part of you that knows what you really want, that takes risks." Thank you Molly for reminding us to seek the pretty in everything we do.
Be sure to pack this book along on your next trip! You won't be disappointed.

Purchase info: Getting the Pretty Back is available at most book stores nationwide. The hardcover edition retails for approximately $25.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...