Monday, June 7, 2010

Not So Long Lasting: Urban Decay all nighter Long Lasting Makeup Setting Spray

Sometimes less is more when it comes to beauty routines. You'd think I'd learn this lesson through previous mistakes, but alas, no. I'm a sucker for new stuff that makes big promises. And with the heat of summer just around the corner, I was willing to try almost anything that stretched my makeup's longevity.

Urban Decay's new all nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray promises to prevent loss of color, melting, sliding, caking, cracking, excess shine, fading blush, drooping eyeshadow, and lip color disappearance. According to its label, you are guaranteed makeup that always looks just-applied, without ever feeling sticky or tight. Not the case (at least for me)...

Immediately after application I looked greasy. And several hours later my makeup was peeling off my face. Literally. I had chunks of dead skin everywhere. While I do have a tendency for dry skin, this was excessive. The only thing I could do was wash my face, moisturize, and reapply my makeup. I tried it again a week later and experienced the same results.

I don't know what happened. Maybe if I did my research I should have picked the company's other setting spray. I notice that they now offer Dew Me Moisturizing Makeup Setting Spray for drier and combination skin. Time to find my receipt...

Purchase info:  all nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray is available at Sephora, Ulta, and Urban Decay Cosmetics.com. It retails for $29.00 (4 oz bottle).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...