Monday, May 24, 2010

All About Softlips Week: PURE 100% Natural Lip Butter in Vanilla Berry

So excited to share the latest Softlips products. The first item up is Softlips PURE 100% Lip Butter. Heaven for your lips!



I am a hoarder of lip products — lip glosses, lip balms, lipsticks, and more. I probably have an entire drawer of lip items, but I'll be the first to admit that I only use 3 or 4 of these items on a regular basis. Why? Most products dry out my lips, so I keep trying something new. And the drawer keeps getting fuller.

One of the items that I'm always searching for is a good ol' clear lip balm that I can apply anytime, anywhere. But here's where it gets tricky. I want the product to be housed inside a squeezy tube applicator. No tubs please! It needs to smell nice, but not taste artificial. It cannot contain anything minty or menthol as these oils tend to make my lips drier and very sensitive. It should have a minimum of SPF15 sunscreen, preferably zinc oxide. It needs to last for at least several hours. Who want to keep reapplying product? And it must play nicely with my other lip products (lipsticks, etc.). My demands are pretty high and I can tell you that there are very few products that meet my strict criteria.

Last month I received a sample of Softlips PURE 100% Natural Lip Butter and was wowed! It met all of my criteria above and it didn't break the bank. This lovely butter is perfect for my very dry (and sensitive) lips. It is chalked full of zinc oxide, shea butter, jojoba seed oil, beeswax, as well as other natural ingredients. It glides on evenly, but doesn't feel heavy or tacky. On its own, it provides some subtle shine for those days when you want a natural, makeup-free look. However, it can also be layered underneath a colored lip gloss or lipstick when you need extra hydration and protection. I find that it extends the coverage of my other products. All in all, it is probably the most versatile lip product in my drawer!

The only very minor issue is that the product does not appear completely clear on my lips. There is some whitecast to the product, perhaps from the zinc oxide. My lips are pretty pigmented so it's more noticeable on me than for others. The good news is that the whitecast disappears under other products, so you don't have to worry about it changing the appearance of your favorite lippie.

Purchase info: Softlips PURE 100% Natural Lip Butter is available in a Vanilla Berry scent. It retails for approximately $4.99. You can find it in the naturals/organic section at Target stores nationwide.

Disclosure: I received a press sample of this product from Softlips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...