Thursday, April 15, 2010

Soothing Relief in a Tub: Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream

If you are a beauty product junkie like yours truly, you cringe when you hear the words, "Cut everything out but the basics." Recently, I had a small pre-cancerous growth removed from the upper cheek area of my face. Because the area was going to be super sensitive, my dermatologist insisted that I remove all of the high-powered products from my routine. No retinoids, glycolic acid, etc. Basicallly, this left me with a gentle cleanser, moisturizer, and sunscreen. Gasp...I even stopped using foundation!

One of the first things I did was find a moisturizer that was super soothing with very basic ingredients. I remembered that I had been given Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream several months back, but had never tried it. So...this was the perfect opportunity.

I immediately loved its creamy consistency and how it quickly hydrated the dry, flaky spots on my face without being greasy. And it didn't sit on top of my skin like heavy moisturizers. Instead, it sunk in rapidly and evened everything out. No extra oil, no new dryness. After several weeks of use, my skin looked fabulous. I didn't experience any breakouts or other nasty conditions from the product either. While I can't comment on how well this moisturizer works in conjunction with foundation, it played nicely with my powder. In other words, the powder didn't ball up or require extra touch-ups during the day.

I will continue to use the Ultra Facial Cream this season and see how it works with my other products now that I can gradually start adding back in my old favorites.

Purchase info: Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream is available at Kiehl's stores, counters, and Kiehls.com. It retails for $24.50 (1.7 oz jar).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...