Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Clean Sweep: Two New-to-Me Spring Facial Cleansers

 Out with the old, and in with the new. 

This is my spring motto for approaching my facial skincare routine. With the start of this new season, I've had to update my routine again. I realized my old cleansers were stripping my skin's natural barrier and then requiring double duty from my moisturizers and serum. The end result: clogged and irritated skin. Of course, it didn't help that my dermatologist also performed a minor procedure to my upper cheek area, which required healing down time and gentler products.

Here's my new spring cleansing routine:

PM cleanser: Trish McEvoy Gentle Cleansing Lotion is one of the creamiest, non-irritating cleansers that I've used, but it is powerful to remove every ounce of makeup and end-of-the-day grime. Initially, I was skeptical of its consistency; however, it matches the performance of my favorite oil-based cleanser. I find that after cleansing my face is well balanced, not oily or tight. While the product is a bit pricey, it is super concentrated, so all you really need is a dime-sized dollop to clean your entire face. My estimate is that one tube will probably last me until late fall. The Cleansing Lotion is available at Trish counters and Trish McEvoy.com. It retails for approximately $58.00 (6.5 oz tube).


AM Cleanser: TOPIX Glycolix 10% Moisturizing Cleanser (Rejuvenating Cleanser) is a private-label cleanser sold primarily at doctors' offices. It is a rich, soap-free, gentle cleanser that delivers the skin smoothing benefits of ultra pure glycolic acid along with the antioxidant benefits of Vitamins A, C, E, Green Tea Extract, and Co-Q10. It offers great exfoliation bringing an extra glow to my face without any harsh side effects (e.g., peeling, redness, etc.). It's pure loveliness! The only downfall is that it may be challenging to find, and it goes by several names. I purchased it at my dermatologist's office for approximately $20.00 (6.7 oz bottle). It is also available online at SkinCareRx.com for $21.00.

Have you recently changed your skincare cleanser with the new season? What is working (or not working) for you? Drop me a line in the comments box and share your experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...