Thursday, March 25, 2010

Reflection: A Makeover or Brow Wax Coming to a Drugstore Near You

In today's Wall Street Journal, I read that U.S. drugstores and mass retailers such as Wal-Mart, Duane Reade, CVS, Walgreen, and others are launching makeup counters similar to those found at department stores. So basically...you can take advantage of counter assistance and services while you're picking up your prescription or buying toilet paper. What a concept? But will it work?

I love the convenience factor of being able to pop into my local CVS for a quick makeover or to get some assistance on tweaking my skincare routine. My nearest mall is about 25 minutes away, so this would definitely be a plus when I need something fast. But I'm a bit skeptical about the products that will be offered. Are we just considering drugstore brands, or will there be a push to stock department store brands at these locations? I have nothing against drugstore items, but I would like to see a broader range of products offered.

And most important, will the associates offering assistance be adequately qualified? I'm pretty knowledgeable about beauty and skincare products, but I'm always wanting to learn more from the pros. Nothing frustrates me more than those who pretend to know what they're talking about especially when it comes to beauty.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see on this one. Would you take advantage of these services at your local drugstore? Drop me a line in the comments box and share your take on this new beauty concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...