Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A New Bounce to My Curls: Moroccanoil Intense Curl Cream

When I find something that works for my curls, I just don't mess with it. In fact, I've been known to use the same shampoo for three years straight!

However, I recently decided to "adjust" my curly girl routine since I got tired of having to order my products online. One of the new styling products in my rotation is Moroccanoil Intense Curl Cream. It contains one of the most talked about ingredients in the hair world — Argan Oil. This oil has been used by women in Morocco to treat hair and nails in order to counteract the effects of the hot climate.

Moroccanoil Intense Curl Cream is chalked full of anti-oxidants and hydrating ingredients that softens, shines, and defines my curls without weighing them down. I'm blown away by how soft my hair is without being overly conditioned. Does that make sense? I typically find that super hydrating products often suck the life out of my hair to the point that I get flyaways and limp locks. I eventually give up since I lose the "definition" properties that keep my curls well formed, especially in humid conditions.

For best results, I am applying a generous dime-sized dollop to my wet hair immediately after my leave-in conditioner and curl activator. (Yes...I'm still using two other products! But each one serves a different purpose.) Right now it's the last step before air-drying. I'm still working with the product ratio as I hope to eventually drop one of the other products from my routine. 

Purchase info: Moroccanoil Intense Curl Cream is available at select hair salons and via online distributors. I purchased my bottle at Carlton Hair, a salon in my local mall. It retails for $30.00 (10.2 oz pump bottle).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...