Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Let the Unclogging Begin: DDF Sulfur Therapeutic Mask

 
Between all of the rich moisturizers and hydrating foundations, my winter pores are taking a beating. Yes...my skin is flake free, but my pores are super clogged. The challenge: how to open and clean out the pores without drying out my face?

Thanks to the many product reviews and recommendations from the ladies at MakeupAlley, I've found a solution. DDF Sulfur Therapeutic Mask. This therapeutic, medicated mask uses the anti-inflammatory properties of sulfur, aloe vera, purified clay, and aromatic extracts to clear blemishes and treat oily skin, clogged pores, acne, and seborrhea. While my skin is not oily or acne prone, I do have clogged pores. 

I applied this soothing mask and let it dry on my face (about 10 minutes). I then washed it off with warm water. I will admit that when I rinsed off the mask I got a whiff or two of its stinky sulfur. It wasn't bad, but if you are super sensitive to smell, this product might not be for you.

When I woke up the next morning, my pores looked really clean and my face was super refreshed. I was expecting it to be dry and irritated, but my face seems very balanced — not oily, not dry. I'm very pleased with the results, and this is just after a single application. With continual use (maybe once every week or every other week), I'm hoping to clean out the remaining gunk!

According to the company's web site and various reviews, this mask can also be used as a spot treatment for acne. Just apply to the affected areas. Don't you love dual-purpose products?

Purchase info: DDF Sulfur Therapeutic Mask is available at Ulta, Sephora, and DDFSkincare.com. It retails for $38.00 (4 oz jar).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...