Thursday, January 21, 2010

A True Beauty Multi-Tasker: emerginC multi-vitamin + retinol serum

It slices, it dices, and did I mention that it also fights free-radical damage? Yes...I am starting to sound like an infomercial. But I do love multi-tasking products, especially when they work.

After my last facial, I started to ask my esthetician about other products in the emerginC line. I've been extremely pleased with the company's vitamin C serum (see previous post) and wondered what other emerginC products I could include in my skin care routine. She suggested that I try emerginC's multi-vitamin + retinol serum.

emerginC multi-vitamin + retinol serum is one of the most comprehensive multi-vitamin serums available. According to the packaging, the product fights free-radical damage, contains antioxidants, helps increase cellular turnover, strengthens skin, can diminish appearance of broken capillaries, hydrates, is co-factor in the production of collagen, improves tone and texture, soothes skin, and can lessen redness associated with rosacea. Wow...that is a laundry-list of benefits!

While I can't speak to all of the above, I do know that my skin feels smooth as butter and my overall tone is improved. My gut tells me that the active ingredient retinol is what is providing those benefits. For several years now, I've tried so hard to include a retinoid in my routine as it is one of the most proven age erasers available.

But for me these vitamin-A derivatives caused so much irritation that I just gave up. When I look back at what I've tried, I realized that I couldn't tolerate the doctor-prescribed retinoids (Retin-A), which are stronger than the over-the-counter retinoids, such as what is used in this product.

Bottom line...if you want a super-duper multi-tasker, give emerginC a try!

Purchase info: emerginC multi-vitamin + retinol serum is available at select day spas and emerginC's web site. It retails for $79.00 (30 ml bottle).

Usage note: When including retinoid products in your routine, use them at night only. And be sure to apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15 (the higher the better) every morning since retinoids slough dead surface cells, removing skin's natural protection against UV exposure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...