Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Non-Stop Moisture + Perfect Skin: Bobbi Brown SPF 15 Tinted Moisturizer

I've really never understood tinted moisturizers. Are they just a foundation in disguise, or a moisturizer injected with a non-flattering pigment of color? Over the years, I eventually gave up as I couldn't find one that was right for me. I either loathed the formula or the shade (or both!).

Now fast forward to December 2009 when my skin decided to morph into something new. My once combination, and sensitive, skin was severely dehydrated and completely in the dry realm. Unfortunately this change meant that I had to switch my routine, including my daytime foundation.

While returning an item at my local Bobbi Brown counter, a regional makeup artist asked me if I'd like to have my makeup done. Why not? It was Saturday morning and I had nothing on my agenda. She cleansed my skin and applied SPF 15 Tinted Moisturizer (Light Tint shade). It was rich in texture and blended beautifully into my complexion. Not a hint of orange or the dreaded Casper the Ghost effect. Just my skin, but better! However, the real test was 30 minutes after the application of the product. I find this is the magic window when foundation (and tinted moisturizer) colors will oxide or the formula just won't agree with my skin.

She continued applying other products and I spent some time reviewing their upcoming product releases. All in all, I was probably at the counter for 45 minutes. I looked in the mirror and the tinted moisturizer was still as natural looking as before. And my skin felt extremely nourished and no more flaky patches on my chin. While I normally ask for samples before purchasing foundations or tinted moisturizers, I purchased the product on the spot.

And I'm completely and utterly hooked! I've been applying Bobbi's SPF 15 Tinted Moisturizer daily for nearly three weeks now and I'm as pleased with its results today as I was at the counter. It wears well and my face stays hydrated all day.

For best results, I still use my regular moisturizer underneath the product. I also brush on a bit of setting powder on my nose and forehead. The powder minimizes any mid-day oilies and extends the coverage so that it carries me through into the evening hours. Simply beautiful! 

Purchase info: Bobbi Brown SPF 15 Tinted Moisturizer is available at your local Bobbi counter and on Bobbi Brown Cosmetics.com. There are eight flattering shades to choose from. The product retails for approximately $40.00 (1.7 oz tube).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...