Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Treats-a-Plenty Tuesdays: Bobbi Brown's VERY Limited Edition Chrome Palette


If you need a special gift for the beauty girl in your life, consider Bobbi Brown's Chrome Palette. I'll admit that I was on the fence about this new collection for the past month or so. From my computer screen, it looked too cool and sparklingly for my taste. Plus, I don't always like the lip products offered in most palettes. But oh how wrong I was!

This weekend I stopped by the Bobbi Brown counter at my local Macy's. I asked the makeup artist to show me the new palette, which includes 10 eye shadows, four lip glosses, and two brushes. She applied several eye colors and one of the glosses. The eye colors were very neutral and blendable with options for both day and nighttime looks. Even on my hazel eyes, the icy colors popped and complemented my skin tone. It was a pleasant color update and got me out of my beige/brown eyeshadow rut.

And I loved, loved, loved the glosses! Their consistency was closer to a lip balm and the color lasted for hours. The extra sparkle is perfect for your holiday events. Normally, Bobbi's lip products dry out my lips. But these seemed to be a different formula and were super hydrating.

One of the best features of this palette is its practical fold-out design. It prevents any shadow fallout on the glosses and vice versa. This way everything stays nice and tidy.

If you are serious about getting this palette for a gift (or picking up one for yourself), call your local Macy's, Nordrom, Neiman Marcus, etc. before heading to the mall. The Chrome Palette sold out on Bobbi's web site several weeks ago and it's getting hard to find. I bought the last one at my Macy's this past Saturday if that is any indication of its popularity. And because it is a limited-edition product, when it's gone, it's gone.

P.S. Only 10 more shopping days until Christmas!

Purchase info: Bobbi Brown's Chrome Palette is available in limited number at most Bobbi Brown counters. It retails for $75.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...