Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Treats-a-Plenty Tuesday: Softlips, the Perfect Stocking Stuffer


Sometimes the finer things in life come in extremely small packages...and with small price tags. I've been recently swooned by an utterly amazing drugstore find — Softlips. This premium line of lip conditioners have been working wonders on my dry lips. As I've mentioned in previous posts, with the change of season my skin, including my lips, has required some extra TLC. These lip balms do just the trick!

Oh I love how my lips feel after applying this product. My lips are not tacky, sticky, or super shiny, but nourished with a waxy matte layer of protection. You can easily apply the balm under (or over) your lipstick or gloss and it won't interfere. In fact, I think it helps to extend the color of my other lip products and make them much easier to apply

Plus, there are multiple formulas and flavors to choose from:
  • Softlips PURE: These balms are USDA-certified organic and 100% natural. Flavors include: peppermint, acai berry, papaya, chai tea, honeydew, and pomegranate. My favorite is papaya!
  • Softlips Lip Balm with SPF 20: This line provides broad spectrum sunscreen protection. Flavors are available year-around and include: mint with a hint of vanilla, wildberry, vanilla, cherry, strawberry, and raspberry with green tea.

  • Softlips Lip Balm with SPF 20 (Limited Edition Winter Flavors): This is a limited offering that is ideal for the holidays (pictured above)! Flavors include: winter mint, sugar cookie, sugar & spice, and sugar plum berry. I've been using sugar cookie...yum, yum.
Their packaging is also a big selling point in my book. Their extremely thin and can easily be tucked into my purse or pocket without extra bulk. The only danger here is that I must check all of my pockets very thoroughly to prevent these lip wonders from accidentally being thrown into the washing machine.

Finally, I appreciate that Softlips does not use any animal products in their formulas. All of the ingredients are either vegetable derived or synthetically modified.

I'm definitely putting these balms on my Christmas shopping list as they are the perfect won't-break-the-bank stocking stuffers for my friends and family. 

Purchase info: Softlips lip conditioners are available at most supermarkets, drugstores, and discount chains. To find a retailler near you, consult the Softlips Web site. They retail for $2.99 to $3.99 depending if you purchase a single balm or a dual-stick pack.

Disclosure: A press sample of this product was provided by Softlips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...