Friday, December 11, 2009

Pure Cheek Joy: Chantecaille Cheek Shade


In October I finally ventured over to the Chantecaille counter at my local Neiman Marcus. I've read the brand's numerous praises on MakeupAlley, but had never experienced it firsthand. My primary objective was to try their cream foundation. After I was done with the foundation and ready to leave, the wise makeup artist asked if I'd like to try their blush, too.

At this point I had no color on my face except for the foundation, so I was game. The MA lightly applied the powder-based Cheek Shade (in Joy) and I was on my way out the door. Many hours later I took a look at myself in the mirror and was amazed at how well the blush had worn. It hadn't faded and the matte color was one of the most natural shades of pink I've worn. Usually I prefer a hybrid of peach and pink with a little shimmer. But this was something completely different...and I liked it. I immediately made a beeline back to the Chantecaille counter for the blush.

Since the initial purchase, I have worn this blush many times. I particularly reach for it when I need my color to last all day without any touch-ups. Its ultra-light, ultra-fine coated powder adheres beautifully to the skin and just won't budge. For me, it's pure cheek joy!

Purchase info: Chantecaille Cheek Shade is available in 12 colors, including Joy. It retails for $28.00. You can also buy refills that are designed to fit in the Chantecaille custom makeup palettes for $21.00. Chantecaille products are sold at select department stores and Chantecaille.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...