Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Polished in Peacock: Zoya Nail Polish in Akyra

Peacock feathers and teal blue are everywhere this season — from accessories to sports cars to Christmas ornaments. I fell hard for the trend late summer. My first item purchased was a teal handbag that I absolutely adore. It goes with everything in my wardrobe.

My next item, Zoya Nail Polish in Akyra, was actually a freebie scored in a Zoya polish giveaway last August (see previous post). I chose it from the Zoya web site, sight unseen, and had no idea what I would end up with as web colors are not always the best representation of the real thing. But I was pleasantly surprised by its sparkling blue azure metallic hue with subtle sparkle finish.

I'm so addicted to this polish that I have not stopped using it on my toenails since September. My poor pedicurist has tried to convince me that change is good, but I will not budge. I'm determined to keep it on my toes until spring. Normally at Christmas time, I will pick out a red or dark burgundy shade. Not this year. For me, it's all about this lovely peacock blue.

Putting the color aside, this polish has been one of the longest wearing polishes that I've used in a long time. Granted, it's been exclusively on my toes, I've been able to keep it near perfect for almost a month. And I love the fact that all of the Zoya nail polishes are free of toluene, formaldehyde, DBP (phthalates), and camphor.

Purchase info: Zoya Nail Polish is available at better beauty salons, spas, and online. It retails for approximately $7.00. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...