Thursday, December 24, 2009

Paint the Town Christmas-Eve Red: Hourglass Extreme Sheen High Shine Lip Gloss


I'm still searching for my "perfect" Christmas red lipstick: not too blue or orange, packed with high moisture, a bit of shine, long lasting, etc. While I may never find the lipstick, I have found my favorite red lipgloss...Hourglass Extreme Sheen High Shine Lip Gloss in Siren. And oh how I'm wearing it everywhere this holiday season!

I'll start out by saying that this is not your typical lip gloss. First, is is extremely pigmented right out of the tube. When first applied, Siren reminded me of a fiercely metallic nail polish, and I immediately wanted to remove it as I'm not used to this much color. Rather than give up, I blotted my lips lightly with a tissue and then topped it off with a pink-nude gloss. I let it set while I finished the rest of my makeup. I then went about my daily routine and forgot that I was wearing the new gloss.

Several hours later I checked my makeup and the gloss was still intact. The color was still the lovely red-copper shade that first grabbed my attention, but not over the top as when first applied.

To me, the big selling point was how my lips felt...just like butter. Normally, highly pigmented lip products suck the moisture right out of my lips. Not this time. My lips felt like they were bathed in Aquaphor healing ointment or shea butter.

There is definitely something unique in this product's texture, too. It's not sticky, but has enough slip to apply very evenly for great lasting coverage. While I did have a bit of difficultly applying the gloss with its built-in brush, I was able to get awesome results with my own lip brush. I applied a small dollop to the back of my hand (as a palette), dabbed my brush into the gloss, and then coated my upper and lower lips.

If you are still out Christmas shopping and need to pick up a little something for yourself, consider the Hourglass gloss in Siren. It will carry you through to New Year's Eve and beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...