Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Not Certain about Certain Dri Solid Anti-Perspirant


Sweat just stinks...period. While I'm not an excessive underarm sweater, there are times when I'm challenged to find an effective antiperspirant. Let's just that Dove doesn't cut it for me!

Recently, I was sent Certain Dri Solid Anti-Perspirant to review. This product was created specifically for individuals who want 72-hour protection from excessive underarm perspiration in a solid application. Certain Dri Solid is also specially-formulated for those with sensitive skin, according to the manufacturer. For best results, you need to apply Certain Dri at night to clean, dry skin. According to the directions, it will not wash off after morning bathing/showering. In many cases, users will discover that it is not necessary to apply every night to control daily perspiration, since it is formulated to allow for up to 72 hours of perspiration protection.

I took the product for a test run and didn't quite get the results that I expected. The morning after my first application I discovered red hive-like bumps under my arms. The area where I applied the antiperspirant also seemed quite red and irritated. I'm guessing that I had an allergic reaction to one of its ingredients. I do have sensitive skin, but I've never had a reaction like that from an antiperspirant.

I continued on with my day, including an hour-long cardio/weight-session at my gym. To me, this was the real test. Would I sweat like a pig, or stay dry? Unfortunately, I did not stay dry. It was like I wasn't wearing any antiperspirant. Again, I'm not sure if it was just me or the product itself. In any case, I wasn't going to try again.

What about you? Have you tried Certain Dri and experienced positive results? If yes, I'd love to hear your story. Drop me a line in the comments box.

Purchase info: Certain Dri Solid Anti-Perspirant is available in mass market retail, supermarkets and drug stores nationwide, as well as via online retailers and at www.certaindri.com. Suggested retail price for the 1.7 ounce solid stick is $5.50 - $5.99.

Disclosure: A press sample of this product was provided by Certain Dri.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...